Friday 7 October 2011

Happily Ever After

I used to dream of a prince in shining armour, whisking me off on his majestic white horse and taking me to his castle. He would sweep me off my feet, make me his princess and we'll live happily ever after. Blame Disney movies for that, but yes, I'm in my 20s and still wqtch classic Disney movies, imagining I was Snow White or Sleeping Beauty.

When the man finally came, he's far from a prince. He's not exceptionally handsome, surely doesn't own a grand palace or even a horse. Shining armour? I've only ever seen him in plain shirts and jeans. But nevertheless, he did sweep me off my feet.

He might not spoil and treat me like a princess, but he treated me right. His down-to-earth, realistic attitude kept me on the ground when I've flown too high. Though we seem to have nothing in common, that became our greatrst strength. In our differences, we complement each other, becoming balanced, like Yin and Yang.

So what does it matter that I don't get my prince and his castle in the end? What matters is, we live happily ever after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment