Wednesday 5 October 2011

Recollections of a Rainforest

I was walking in a rainforest. I shivered in the coolness.

The birds were chirping here and there, giving life to the rainforest.

I tripped over the root of a tree. I fell down on my hands and knees. The soil was damp and moist. I got up and slowly walked on.

A lizard was in front of me, staring at me with glowing eyes. As I moved, it ran away.

Faintly, I heard the sounds of a waterfall. I walked on to see a river flowing into a waterfall. The river was clear and clean. There were moss-covered rocks everywhere. I touched the water gently. It was cool and fresh.

Slowly I crossed the river, my feet touching the gentle yet slippery rocks at the bottom of the river. As I went, the menacing sound of the waterfall became fainter and fainter and soon it was gone.

I breathed the clean, fresh air that was all around me. The crickets chirped madly.

As time goes by, the rainforest became dimmer and dimmer. Less sunlight was coming in.

I seem to be walking forever into nowhere... yet I am loving it.

Author's note: This is an old old piece, probably written 10-12 years ago, but it's one of my favourite so I'd like to share it ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment